As a document scanning company or document scanning department, managing tasks efficiently and effectively is crucial for productivity and overall success of the organization. One valuable tool that can significantly streamline workflow and enhance productivity for document scanning and data extraction tasks is an autoqueue.
An autoqueue, also known as an automated queue or auto work queue, is a feature that automatically manages and prioritizes tasks or work items, such as paper prepping, document scanning, indexing or quality reviewing. In PACE, the autoqueue replaces your whiteboard or spreadsheet that you use for task tracking of work that is in progress and instead streamlines the process of task assignment to ensure tasks are allocated to appropriate individuals/teams based on predefined criteria (job training, accuracy rate, etc.)
The primary purpose of it is to optimize task management, improve workflow efficiency, and enhance overall productivity. You no longer have staff wasting time trying to figure out what to work on next or cherry-picking the easier tasks. By automating task allocation, it ensures that tasks are assigned promptly, resources are utilized effectively, and critical or time-sensitive work items receive immediate attention.
Autoqueues provide real-time visibility into the status and progress of tasks, allowing employees and managers to track work items seamlessly within one system. Additionally, since the autoqueue and tracking of work within PACE and our document processing software, MadWhack, are interconnected, we can easily capture and analyze data related to task completion times, employee performance and efficiency seamlessly. These insights enable organizations to identify areas for improvement, optimize resource planning, and refine task management strategies over time.
PACE’s autoqueue operates by organizing all active batches and tasks related to them in a centralized queue. It takes into account factors, such as task priority, deadlines, and employee skills when assigning tasks. The system automatically distributes tasks to the designated recipients, eliminating the need for manual assignment and reducing the risk of errors or oversight.
Benefits of PACE’s autoqueue include:
- Enhanced task organization and prioritization
- Since it acts as a centralized hub that gathers and organizes all work tasks in one place, there is no need for any manual tracking methods (whiteboard, spreadsheet, etc.) and reduces the likelihood of overlooked or forgotten tasks. Each employee’s workload is basically managed for them based on predefined criteria.
- Efficient resource allocation
- The autoqueue allocates resources by intelligently assigning tasks to the most suitable employees, such as by skill, accuracy level and availability, the system ensures that tasks are assigned to the right person. This optimization minimizes the changes of overload or underutilization of resources, leading to a balanced and productive workforce. Employees also benefit from this automatic distribution of tasks, as it fosters a sense of fairness and transparency within the organization.
- Real-time visibility
- Since job tracking and the autoqueue are all within one system, the work queue provides real-time visibility into the status and progress of tasks. Managers can easily access the queue, view task details and monitor the overall workload. This facilitates effective communication and ensures people are working on the right tasks at the right time, minimizing delays and improving overall team performance.
- Data-driven insights and continuous improvement
- PACE and MadWhack capture valuable data related to task completion times and employee performance (speed and accuracy) for reporting. This data can be analyzed to gain insights and identify potential areas for improvement. By identifying where additional training may be needed, companies can continuously refine their processes and optimize productivity.
In all, incorporating an autoqueue at your document scanning company can revolutionize the way your organization manages their workload. By automating task distribution, you are enhancing and simplifying task management processes and fostering productivity, providing numerous benefits to both employees and the organization as a whole.